1. I've had to wear my geek glasses all week. Seriously. They're geeky. And THICK. And like 10 years old. I.Do.Not.Like.
I also didn't realize how freaking shitty that scar on my forehead is. Cripes! (I kinda look like Harry Potter, though, huh? Except w/o the magical powers. Lame-o.) Don't go swimming at 3:24am. At a pool you've never been to before. Completely and utterly schnockered. Little drunken lesson for you all. You're welcome. Moving on.
What can you do when your doc tells you that in order to get Lasik you need to be contact free for 5 WHOLE DAYS??!!!
YESSSS!!! I'm getting Lasik tomorrow!! Hopefully. I have my consult in about an hour, and if I'm approved, then surgery is Friday at noon. So Friday at 12:06 I will be able to SEE!!!! (And be almost 4 grand in the hole. It's fine.) I almost can't even fathom this. I mean, like straight up pee your pants excited here. My eye sight is the equivalent of a damn-near blind 99 year old granny. And it's been that way since I was 7 or 8. To not have to wake up and put my eyeballs in every morning is going to be Baaa-LISSSSSSS!!!!.
2. Guess who was the first person to sign up on my co-worker's daughter's Girl Scout Cookie sheet??? Yup, this girl. Right at the top: Laura------8 Boxes of Thin Mints. Deliver now please.
Yes, 8 boxes. No judging! They're GIRL.SCOUT.COOKIES!!! In my 'pretend-fairy-princess-all-things-are-sparkly-with-Mr. Reynolds-feeding-me-said-Thin Mints-world', Thin Mints are clean eating and real food and have no calories or fat. Just let me make believe, mmkay? OK.
3. I have started back up my Bodyrock workouts. (Clearly I'm going to need it after the above.) I took a teeny peak at the website around the beginning of January but quickly determined I didn't have the va-jay-jay of steel that I needed, so I put off attempting those ridiculously hard 12 minutes of sweaty torture workouts until now. Happy happy joy joy. There's a 30 day challenge that they did in January, and I have decided to attempt it in February: One workout a day, Monday thru Friday. We shall see how this goes.
So far.....my ass, arms, back, abs, thighs, butt, and boobs all hurt. Like a Mo Fo. And it's only been 3 days. Shitballs.
No pain no gain right??? RIGHT??????
4. I've still been running too. I went twice last week and so far, only once this week, but I'm planning on going tonight. I really want to get on the conveyor belt of death at least three times a week, but it's just not working out that way. Now that I'm adding those workouts, I'm not as worried about it, but I still want to get at least 2 runs in per week. Just for shits and giggles.
It's been going OK so far too, btw. I can make it about 1.5 miles before my wee little lungs burst into a million pieces. But then I'll walk for a 1/4 mile, and bump up the speed for a half mile, then walk for 1/4, till I hit 3 miles. It's working. Kinda.
5. And one of the main reasons I want to keep up with the running is I am signing up for my first 5K of the year!!! Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee. It's the 17th Annual Dog-N-Jog in Manhattan, KS on April 7th (which happens to be both Wyatt's AND my birthday! It's destiny.). It's an event my Mom has participated in for years. It's put on by the Vet Med School there, but some proceeds go to KSDS, an organization that provides assistance dogs for the disabled/nursing homes/etc. Some of you know, my mom has been 'training' puppies for KSDS for, Lord, many years now. She raises them from 8 weeks to 2 years old, teaching them all the sit, stay, come, and easy commands. Then after 2 years, they go back to KSDS for formal training and to be paired with their new master. Mom has trained 5 dogs....I think??? And 2 of them have helped 2 wonderful women. Another 2 had some issues so she 'adopted' one back, then my brother adopted the other one. And the last one she currently has now and is still in pre-training.
Anyway, we're going to do it together. Well, she's going to do the 1.5K walk and I'm going to do the 5K run. With little Wyattpants of course!! That's if his leg is feeling better.
Yes, little Wyatt is still having trouble with his back leg. And because of all my recent medical appointments we've had to hold off on taking him into an orthopedic specialist. But, we'll get him in and I'll totally let you all know how things go.
6. I know I've ranted and raved about what the effects drinking water can have on your body, but I'm going to go over it again (MOM: ARE YOU READING THIS!!!! PAY ATTENTION!!!!). I'm sure y'all can't guess why I'm going over this again. At all.
For pretty much 3 months now I've been drinking at least 75 ounces of water a day, but usually it's around 100oz. That's a lot. But it's good for you! The norm for water consumption is Eight 8oz glasses of water a day. 64 ounces of water people. Just do it. Water has a ton of great health effects on your body, and mind. Here's a pretty little illustration to show you:
|Could that dude get any hotter?|
- Muscle consists of 75% water
- Brain consists of 90% of water
- Bone consists of 22% of water
- Blood consists of 83% water
Now, if you're not getting enough water, this is some side effects, also taken off the above site:
- Muscle cramps
- Irregular blood pressure
- Kidney problems
- Dry skin
- 20% dehydrated – Risk of death
Here are some of the symptoms that you need more water:
- Dark Urine – Dark Yellow or Orange in Color: Urine is generally pale yellow to clear when you have sufficient water intake. Dark color or strong smell indicates that you need to drink more water.
- Dry Skin: Skin is the largest body organ and requires its share of water.
- Thirst: Thirst is the most obvious sign that you're already dehydrated. It is always a good practice to drink more water when your are not thirsty, don’t wait until you're thirsty.
- Hunger: Most people mistake hunger for the indication to eat more, whereas in actual fact, they may be dehydrated. So before you have your meal, grab a glass of water.
- Fatigue: Water is a source of energy and gives you a boost in energy.
Get a jug. I have a pretty purple one.
And lug that sucker around with you everywhere. Get in the habit of every time you see the jug, you take a drink of water. Before you know it, you've consumed the whole thing and are having to refill it. Also set goals for yourself.....'I'm going to drink 2 jugs today, before noon. Then I can have 32 Thin Mints as a reward.' Ok, maybe not the last part.
Point is your body NEEDS water to live. So give it some! (Mom: go buy a jug now! NOW!)
OK, I think I've embarrassed her enough. That's what good daughters are for, right?!
7. I think I'm going to do another No Beer Challenge. My body just felt so much better when I didn't drink. More importantly, I noticed that even if I have 2 beers, my weight goes up the next couple days, and has a hard time coming back down. Stupid water weight. And if I wanna win this Hot For Your Hunky Husbands challenge w/ Miss JCP, that ends in just a little over a week, I need to focus. So, Feb. 17th will be the next day I can have a brewsky. 2 Weeks. I.Can.Do.This.
If I turn all psycho-sauce diva-ish, y'all know why.
8. On the eating front, I'm still doing just ok. Case in point with what I ate last night:
I did find something pretty cool the other day. I was talking about eggs with my little friend Rebecca, and she said that she gets hers from a farmer or whatever. And that they're better for you than the organic kind in the stores. I did some research and sure enough, most of the organic 'cage-free' packages in the store really aren't what they're scrambled up to be. Ha, get it?! I kill myself. They can be labeled cage free, but they may not be able to roam. They may be just locked in some huge pen with 10,000 other chickens and never get to see the sun or eat bugs or grass or whatnot. So I went on the List of Craig and found a lady that raises her own chickens and get this.........they're about $2 cheaper from her than at the store! BONUS CITY!!! And they taste amazing. It's crazy how eggs can taste 'different', but they can.
Anyway, if you want to get some real organic eggs, just check out your farmer's markets, and newspaper adds for local farmers. Sometimes you can get them cheaper, and they will be so much better for you!!
9. Guess who's in a new movie??!!!!!!!!!!!
And I'm not talking about D. HotWashington.
Mmmmmmm, it looks so good! The movie, people. I was talking about the movie. Only.
10. So. The big 'V' Day is coming up. Like right around the freaking corner. I used to despise this day of lovefest. But now that I'm married.....not gonna lie, I sorta kinda like it. OK, truth be told, I love it. I mean, it's the one day outta the year your hubby HAS to do something sweet, right? It's like a law or something. But I also like doing sweet things for my hubby. So, what I wanna know is what are y'all doing for your sweeties? (Not that I need any ideas on what to do for my honey.....'cause I'm all Suzie Lovemaker Sweetpants 127% of the time here........ok, maybe I need some ideas.) How 'bout it? What's the craziest, or sweetest, or most thoughtful, or funniest, or just down right mind blowing thing you've done for a significant other on Valentine's Day? (But maybe try and keep it a little PG-13, mmkay? Who the heck knows who reads this crap. Lol......Never mind. Go balls to the wall. I've never censored a damn word on this blog. Ever. Why start now?!)