1. I am so exhausted. Like really exhausted. I haven't been sleeping really good at night, for some stupid ass reason. Part of it's because I've been having these really weird dreams. I can't remember all of them, but one was something like I was in a barn, but the barn really wasn't a barn, it was like a spaceship, but a huge spaceship with a pool and trees and shit, and there was about 6 people around, and we were planning a wedding. I was in a wedding dress, which was actually more like a bikini top and a really flowy white skirt. But I knew that I was already married, so I was trying to run around and find the 'real' bride, but she kept running away from me. Then a T-Rex showed up and was stomping around like some cracked out disco dancer. Then the spaceship turned into the mall and I couldn't find purple spiked heels.
2. I made fish tacos the other night. Holy Mother of Pearl. Those things were delish!!!
OMG, so good. Soooooooo Good!
Here's the recipe, adjust the spices to taste:
Fiery Fish Tacos with Crunchy Corn Salsa
1 cup corn
1/2 cup diced red onion
1 cup peeled, chopped tomato
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
1 lime, juiced
ground black pepper
6 (4 ounce) fillets tilapia
2 tablespoons olive oil
12 corn tortillas, warmed
Sour Cream Sauce
½ tub of fat free sour cream
¼ cup cilantro
Throw all in a food processor or blender and mix.
- Preheat grill for high heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together corn, red onion, tomato, red bell pepper, and cilantro. Stir in lime juice.
- Brush each fillet with olive oil, and sprinkle with spices.
- Arrange fillets on grill grate, and cook for 3-5 minutes per side. For each fiery fish taco, top one or two corn tortillas with fish, sour cream sauce, and corn salsa.
So, not bad on nutrition.
3. Someone had a rough weekend at The Ranch last weekend.
He promptly got a bath when he returned home.
He was not happy about it.
And that's when we had a little talk about stanky mud holes and acting like swine.
And yes, I have full on conversations with my dog.
4. I've been obsessed with all the celebs at Fashion Week this week. I've been just scouring the interwebs for pictures of all their outfits and pretty plastic faces. Clearly I'm bored at work.
Anyway. I ran across this beauty:
Well, except for you Kellen Lutz, WTF is going on with your crossed legs? Are you a chick? Didn't think so. Uncross those babies, we won't want things getting smooshed now do we?! Sorry, I can't stand it when men cross their legs.
5. I peeled 8500 fresh-from-the-garden carrots the other night. Seriously. Eighty-Five-Hundy.
Well, not that many really, but it was a lot.
But look at all the peels?! What in the name of vegetables, right?!?!
I shall be canning my Badass Spicy Pickled Carrots tonight. Oh the joy.
BTW, do you know what happens when you peel 8500 carrots?
You're fingers turn orange and you look like an Oompa Loompa pooped on your hands.
It's not pretty.
6. I want donuts.
7. But I'm not going to have donuts.
Because I can just hear Ronnie in my head telling me donuts are the devil. And they're covered in poop maggots.
See Ronnie, I don't even have to txt you anymore (even though I'm totally never going to stop), because you're already like that crazy creepy voice in my head.
But that's ok, your voice will get along great with all the other voices in my head.
Straight jacket please?
8. Have you seen this commercial? OMG, piss my pants funny!
9. I really want a nap. Do you think anyone at work would care? I did a stellar job of pissing people off yesterday, lets go for 'disappointment' today. What do ya think?
10. And just to brighten everyone's (well, at least the lady folk) day: