Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Grandparents are shitty instruction followers.

Remember those nice, typed up, easy to follow, general instructions I came up with yesterday? For Dillyn's trip to Grandma and Grandpa's house????

Ya. Well. The only thing it's really good for now is toilet paper.

Grandma calls this morning and says, "Well, I tried to follow the instructions but Grandpa Hardy wasn't having it."
Leave it to Hardy to not follow the rules. I don't know why I'm surprised by this.

I guess D got up at 2:30am and MY instructions were to put the binky in her mouth and she'll fall back asleep. Well, after the 3rd time of her spitting it out, Hardy decided that she needed her butt changed. This was ALSO part of my instructions: Do NOT change her in the middle of the night, she'll just wake up more.

So what happens when she has a fresh new diaper??? In the middle of the night???
She's wide awake.......................and wants food.

So they feed her. (Also on the DO NOT DO list.)

THEN, they decide to let her sleep in bed with them for a little while so they can cuddle.

OH.MY.GOD.PEOPLE.

They're creating a ripple that will surely turn into a tidal wave of my nice and glassy baby routine lake.

Apparently, this is a typical grandparent function.
To screw your child's routine up, then just hand her back with a shit eating grin on their face.

Well played grandparents. Well played indeed.

On a side note, I fretted (and by that I mean I had an hour car ride home to freak the f*ck out about all the possibly horrible things that could happen to my baby girl) enough that I was sure I wouldn't be able to sleep a wink last night.............nope. Complete opposite. Head hit the pillow and I was out till 5:30am this morning. That was the most glorious night of sleep I've ever had. I even cuddled with my puppy in bed before we both crawled out to start the day.

Dear Baby Jesus: Could you please make all babies understand that a full, good nights sleep is KEY to having non-psycho parents????? So they should just be born sleeping through the night. Mmmkay???? Could you work on that????
Thanks,
I Love Me Some Sleep



T-Minus 5.5 hours till I get to see my baby girl again.
I can do this.
I can do this.
I can do this.

3 comments:

  1. One night off "schedule" will not ruin her, I promise. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahaha. Wait until they start feeding your kid juice and donuts for breakfast then handing them back to you at nap time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YoBit allows you to claim FREE COINS from over 100 different crypto-currencies, you complete a captcha one time and claim as many as coins you want from the available offers.

    After you make about 20-30 claims, you complete the captcha and keep claiming.

    You can click claim as many times as 30 times per one captcha.

    The coins will held in your account, and you can exchange them to Bitcoins or any other currency you want.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all, so leave a comment!