Monday, May 23, 2011

Dukan Diet Day 1

So far so good today!  I did really good on eating very healthy all day and truthfully I feel so much better than when I used to shove my pie hole with enormous amounts of junk.

I had eggs and yogurt for breakfast. Chicken, cottage cheese, sliced turkey, fat free chocolate pudding (BTW, total new, kinda scary, obsession with this stuff. It's AMAZING.) and a hard boiled egg for lunch and snacks. Then tonight I made a Shrimp Scampi with Miracle Noodles. Those little noodles are pretty darn good.  Basically they're some faux pasta made from some plant in Asia. They have ZERO calories, carbs, fat, etc.  There's nothing there. Nothing. It's just remarkable.  I mean, I'm sure there is a micro speck of calories, but who counts those anyway!  And they didn't taste half bad, a little chewy, but that didn't bother my any.

Here's the recipe, next time i'm going to make a few changes, which I've noted:

Ingredients

  • 1 lb peeled shrimp 1/2 lb peeled shrimp
  • 2 packets shiratake noodles 1 packet
  • 3 tbsp minced garlic (the more the better)
  • 3 tbsp lemon juice 2 T
  • Lemon Pepper Paprika, Pepper and Blackening Spices to taste
  • Garlic Salt Garlic Powder
  • 2 tsp Butter Flavoring
  • 2 tbsp low fat sour cream 1 T fat free sour cream and 1 T fat free milk

Recipe

  • Run cold warm water over shiratake noodles and drain.
  • Set aside.
  • Spray 0 calorie oil in a medium sauce pan.
  • Saute garlic for a few minutes.
  • Add the shrimp and noodles and saute until shrimp is almost cooked.
  • Add remaining ingredients.
  • Season until you are happy with the flavor.
  • When shrimps are ready, add the shiratake noodles and toss.
  • Let stand for a few minutes so that noodles can absorb the flavor.
  • Makes 3-4 1 servings.

I switched their recommended noodles with the Miracle Noodles (they're pretty much the same).  To prepare those you first need to rinse them really, really well. They kinda have a fishy smell when you open the package, oh, they're packaged in water by the way.  So I plugged my nose and rinsed away in warm water for a good 5 minutes.  Then there was some suggestions on the web to dry saute them in a frying pan to eliminate all water, which helps them have a texture similar to flour-made pasta.  I did all that, then started preparing the shrimp.

I also don't have the nutrition data for this meal, with this diet you don't really count anything, but using fat free everything and the Miracle Noodles I doubt there's much there anyway.

Here's a pic, it's not the best, but what can you do:
Note to self: Do not enter in any food photo contests because you suck.

You can barely tell, but the noodles are translucent.

I only got through about 3/4 before I thought I was going to explode because I was so full. Even now, four hours later, I'm still full.

After I felt that my stomach had de-bloated from the noodles and I wasn't going to blow chunks on the floor, I took Wyatt for my 'prescribed' 20 minute walk.  You'd think that with all the running and playing that dog does he's be in better shape.  About 10 min into our little jaunt, Wyatt is  hyperventilating and I was pretty sure I was going to have to carry the 80 lb fur ball the mile back to our house.  I mean, jeez, it was so bad I thought someone was going to think that I was abusing him.

Here he is, and I might add he has not moved positions in about an hour:
Sooo exhausted!
I have survived the first day. Super-duper. Bring on Day #2!

4 comments:

  1. You make me belly laugh every time I stop by! Our lab is TOTALLY like that! He's all "Let's go! Let's go!" but by the end of block one he's looking back at me like, "Seriously? You don't expect me to keep walking?" LOL!

    I think those noodles are called glass noodles. I saw them on Iron Chef America----which I LOVE!

    Sarah
    Thinfluenced.blogspot.com (It's my NEW blog! Ooo, fancy, I know! lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely gonna try this - it sounds wonderful! And don't feel bad 'cause my food pics suck too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog from Running off the Reese's and love your comment on the Paleo Week 4.....that hater's can suck donkey balls! YOu tell it girl! And I am glad to know there's other girls out there that want to be health but still like their BEER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of the worst things about taking a Blogger break is getting behind on your posts!!

    I have shyed away from the shitake noodles for a long time. Hungry Girl always recommends them, but they always sounded gross to me. If YOU say they are okay, I might have to actually try them.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all, so leave a comment!