1. Who knew a post about flatulence would be so popular???? There are just no limits on this little bloggy of mine. Nope. None. I have no shame.
Anyway, some of your comments had me ROLLING outta my chair!
Like, Vicky's: Ok...being honest here...I have to go to the bathroom and let it fly...there's a reason for this...since I have so much loose skin, whenever I fart it kind of pushes through all of the excess skin and, well, it kinda sounds like a duck call...for realz! When they do escape, Peter just about busts a gut laughing so there's no such thing as a SBD in my world...
And Beth Ann's: Ha! I fart during Jazzercise all the time. That is why I stand close to the fan...no one can hear it. Although I'm guessing that I do disperse quite nicely. :)
OMG, many of them were soooo hilarious!
Y'all make me proud.
But, I think the best one was from my mom's boyfriend, Hardy: in my humble opinion if indeed we are masters of our own being, and making decisions to protect ourselves from destructive behavior, then i say let her rip ........because not to do so would be painful and goes against the natural order of things
He's such a smart ass.
But thanks y'all for making me giggle....uncontrollably sometimes....with your comments! You truly made my day!
(And by the way, I've been just letting 'em go. So far, unnoticed.)
2. I read the best ARTICLE the other day about motivation, or more accurately fitness work ethic. It's written by a ripped up crazy lady that is super duper into weights, but her theory on what actually gets us to the gym or makes us eat right, and how we stick with it, is a great, and different, way of looking at 'motivation'.
She says motivation is crap. Motivation comes and goes. It's not constant. So stop relying on motivation.
Ummmm, yeah. That pretty much describes me. And a lot of you guys, I know. We all struggle with motivation. Hell, my motivation spurts are like a broken record on an IV drip of speed. One week it's golden (this week), but then next week I could be shoving twinkies in my hole like the zombie apocalypse is happening and there will be no more food for years.
What Buff Chick says is that we need to think of our bodies as our business, our company, and we need to have fitness work ethic. (paraphrasing of course)
You don't always want to roll your pooper outta bed to go to your job, but you do
Interesting my dear Watson, interesting.
3. I'll have you know I just sat through one of the boringestest meetings ever. Wanna know what was conveniently placed on the table 7.5 inches from my greedy little fingers the ENTIRE TIME? Donuts. Yup. Glazed chocolate donuts, donut holes, and long johns.
MOTHER OF DUCK TRUCKING PILE OF SHITAKE MUSHROOMS!!!!!
I hate life.
But I prevailed.
We no need no stinking donuts!
Because I have good fitness work ethic. At least today.
4. I did my nails purdy again this week:
5. So I finally did it. I finally took the plunge after having this sit in my cupboard for like 7 years.......I fixed quinoa the other night. (Pronounced Keen-wa, I think) Actually I fixed quinoa and sauteed veggies in a little soy sauce.
Holy mother, it was like rice, but like a noodle, but not. So hard to explain. But so oh so good!
If you haven't tried it, try it.
Quinoa is a good source of protein, fiber, magnesium, and is gluten free!
6. HERE'S another good article, from Shape.com about becoming a morning exerciser person. Since I've noticed that working out in the morning vs. the evening is better for my schedule, I've been trying to get up at 5:20ish every week day to get in one or two workouts (two workouts being a run and some bodyrock.tv). But I still love me some pillow action, so any tips can help me! And I thought they could help you too!
1. Slowly Start Moving Up Your Bedtime
2. Determine a Realistic Strategy for Success
3. Plan to Fail
4. Psych (or Bribe) Yourself Up (Hellooooo Toms Shoes Mini Challenge!!)
5. Build a Motivating A.M. Mix
6. Share Your Plans on Social Media
7. Prepare for a Painless Pre- and Post-Workout
7. I think someone already posted about this, but I'm going to do it again. I got an email from a dude about a new website, www.runhundred.com, he started that is strictly about the best workout songs.
You sign up for free, and he puts together, by vote, a list of the top workout songs. I think a new top 10 list comes out every day, but you can also search on there by genre, decade, tempo, etc.
You can hear a little snipit, then download if it's your style.
No more searching endlessly for some good pump me up tunes! Yessssss!
8. SOOOOooooooo. Dude came into my office the other day. Sat down. And proceeded to tell me that we have new products coming in, that I will have to redo or reface (strip down, re-paint, create artwork, and print), and 'he can't get me' blueprints to figure out how to create the new artwork for these products (so I pretty much have to wing it with products that go in the airplane cabin----WTF?!), and oh, he wants them in a week (they normally take a month).
I nearly shanked him.
In his left eyeball.
With a purple sharpie.
Basically, my life is going to be a helluva lot of overtime, bitching, snarkiness, crankypants McGee, all sorts of pissed for the next 4 months. Or longer.
9. You know what happens when you start exercising every day? Sometimes two times a day?
I'm about ready to start gnawing off the corner of my desk.
But people might look at me weird.
Oh wait, they already do.
10. I'm going shopping tonight for new Tennies!!! My friend Lindsey was right, I've had these since June and it's time for replacements.
Every day this week my feet have been killing! Like numb (not good when you're already uncoordinated as all hell and stumbling on the conveyor belt of death), achy, and just plain sucky. I know I could probably run faster and longer if I wasn't constantly thinking about how bad my damn feet hurt.
So tonight I'm going to check out some Brooks, thanks to the suggestion of Draz, and see how they fit.
I can't wait!