1. Me and TJMaxx are besties. Yup. No lie. I just heart that store so hard. I was getting tired of wearing the same ol' shit every day at work, so I decided to liven up my wardrobe a little.
Feast your eyes upon my recent purchases:
And it was sooo comfy. Bonus!
2. It's garden season!!!! Woop woop!!! I planted lettuce, spinach, basil, cilantro, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, jalapenos, anaheim peppers, radishes, dill, green onions and zucchini. So far I've lost the lettuce, spinach, cilantro, and basil. I planted them in pots, and when we went on vacay for memorial weekend, sadly they succumbed to the heat. boo.
But I still have everything else and it's going superb, I tell you. Superb!!
Here's a zucchini I pulled out the other day:
I also had some luck this year with my little peach tree:
Actually I took them to work and most of my staff hoarded them. So really, only 3 people got some. Damn selfish if you ask me. JK.
3. I ran the other night!!!! Yeppers. Official Color Run Training has commenced!!!
It wasn't a glorious run. 'Stellar' was not the word of the day. First 2 miles were fantastic. Lungs were working like a normal person, legs weren't tired at all. Both miles were run in 9:54, so that's good. Last mile was a whole other story! Didn't help matters that it was uphill most of the way. Stupid. But I cranked through, walking every so often, but walking fast, then picking it back up at a pretty fast run. I suppose if I would have just slowed down to a jog, it would have been better, oh well. I finally made the 3 miles in 31:00 exactly. Not bad, not bad at all.
I'm thinking of trying to run 3 times a week. In the mornings, if I don't have to work too much overtime. That will give me a nice leg up to running The Color Run on June 30th. I can't wait!!! It's going to be soooo much fun! And I get to run it with friends! Granted, my friend Lindsey is a badass and can run 3 miles in like 27 minutes, while I will probably be a full mile behind her panting away and about to pass out. but it'll still be fun!
4. I thought this was completely appropriate for what's been going on the last few weeks at work:
5. Tuesday night I had the best.night.ever. Ryan was in Kansas City at some work thing, so it was just me and puppy. And my plans for the evening included sitting on my fat pooper, beer in hand, book in the other hand. Soaking up the sunset on the deck. It.Was.Bliss.
I may have gone a little overboard, because I ended up staying up till like midnight and read halfway through this cheesey romance novel. I was so tired yesterday I could have crawled under my desk and died.
But so worth it.
Puppy thought so too. He was enjoying deck-time just as much as me:
|For you Miss Cat!!|
7. Oh and this one too, made me giggle a little.
I was so amazed at myself I nearly fainted.
I may becoming a stealth spider killing superhero. Maybe.
8. I don't know what I'm going to do with myself this weekend. Last weekend we stained our deck. So that project's over with. There's been rumors spreading through our house that someone wants to paint the outside of the house. And that someone is not me or Wyatt. I'm hoping it's just all a glorified lie. Actually I'm praying that it is.
Maybe I'll clean.
Maybe I'll sit on the deck and soak up the sun.
Maybe I'll take a nap.
Ohhhhhhhhhh, take a nap. Yes, yes, that's definitely going to happen.
9. Meet my new nephew!!!
Is he not the cutest little lovebug ever!!??!?!?!
I have yet to meet him, because he lives in the great state of Colorado. But hopefully this August I'll be making a trip out to cuddle and snuggle and just soak him up!!!
10. Ok, I'm off to work. Nothing more in LauraBelle Land to discuss. So I will leave you with this: