1. First off, I gotta tell you, the responses to my upcoming Magic Mike movie date..........pure genius people. You make me proud.
So this is the email convo Brenda at Bandster Momma and I had yesterday:
Brenda: I could give a care less what you just wrote (just kidding) because after I saw all those fine ass men pictures I read: blah, blah, blah! :)
Moi: That's ok. You are forgiven! I just want one of them. for like an hour. ok, maybe two.
You think if that's what I ask for for xmas I'll get it???
Brenda: I think the tall one can come home with me. He is seriously beautiful. Maybe one can come to your house dressed like Santa and you can sit on his lap............hey, you can dream.
Moi: Bahaha! YES! omg, you make me laugh so hard!
Brenda: And speaking of 115 degrees. Is is like 110 here with NO breeze. My yard has turned to sand. I think tomorrow I am going to try to fry an egg on the sidewalk and take pictures for TTT. Just because. Maybe scare the shit out of the chickens by cracking one of their friends.
Just every day emails. No biggie.
2. So last weekend was our family reunion. Wow, is all I gotta say. In true Sheik (that's my family) fashion, we couldn't just show up at 5pm for the reunion dinner. Oh no. We had to PRE-party like 4 hours before the dinner. Apparently to make sure we're all good and plowed.
The BBQ started at 1pm. Which, of course, so did the drinking. And we're not just sitting around willy nilly here, oh no, we play drinking games folks. Can you say: Hard Core?! And not just any drinking game. We play drinking games with tree stumps and hammers. That's how we roll, y'all. Don't hate.
So, the game Stump:
|That would be the hubby and my cousin Tom (Look Tom, you're famous!)|
First game, I missed......a lot. Hence, I drank......a lot. But after that, it was ON like donkey kong y'all! I whooped some serious stump ass.
After we got good and buzzed at the BBQ, we headed for the actual reunion. We missed dinner, which I paid a hefty $45/person for, but completely made up for that in the free keg that was provided. So all was good.
And I wasn't the only one that had participated in the free booze:
And here was my outfit, kinda a bad pic, but it was a really cute peachish-pink dress with brown belt and brown heels.
And to top off the evening of boozeliciousness, apparently when we were leaving the reunion to head back to my cousin's house, to play MORE stump, my uncle and other cousin were outside too, getting ready to go home and I proceeded to scream out the car window, "YOU SUCK BALLS!!!" Three times. To my uncle. Jesus tits. BTW, I have absolute no memory of this, and my uncle graciously reminded me of this amazing event last night at dinner. I just looked at him with a blank stare. 'Me? I did that? Noooooo. Not me. I was possessed. Hand to bible.' I really need to not play that stump game. Ever. Again.
3. Remember how last week I was all, 'I need to stop shoving food in my hole. I need to run more. I need to do sit-ups and all that shit more.'
Ya, me too.
Did I do any of that?
There's always next week.
4. Oh, Oh, Ohhhhh!!! Guess what I get to do this weekend!!!!! Besides run the color run, I mean.
Can you guess?
I'm going to eat at this FAB cajun food restaurant in KC, called Jazz! I'm going with a bloggy friend and I freaking CAN.NOT.WAIT to meet her!!!
OhMyGod, I am so excited. Wanna know what I like even more than beer?!?! Ok, maybe not more, but 2nd on the list. CAJUN FOOD! Here's their MENU. Lordy it all looks so good! I'll have one of each, please.
5. I'm having a hard time finding the gumption to work today. I just really want to go home, curl up with my puppy and sleep the day away.
Then again, I stayed up till like 11:30 on Tuesday night for no reason at all. That was stupid.
But last night I went to bed early. And I still had to drag my ass out of bed!
But the good news is, I curled my hair all cute again this morning. I'm hoping it'll make the dark circles under my eyes appear less gross.
Bonus points for me.
6. I found out Monday that they are going to shut down my department for A FULL WEEK in August, to repair the damaged roof from the tornado we had a few months ago.
A FULL WEEK! Paid, btw.
What in the farts am I going to do for a full week?!?! Ryan can't take off, because we're already taking off a week for the Lake. Oh, and Ryan's suggestion: 'Well, you can paint the house.' Ummmmm, No. No way in hell am I painting the house in the middle of August, By.My.Self.
So here's what I'm thinking, I could spend the first weekend in Colorado visiting my friend. Then maybe the last weekend I could go back down to the Ranch for a little ME time again. Or I could just go down to the lake by myself for a week. Or a long weekend. I have friends that live there, so I wouldn't exactly be alone. But Ryan wouldn't be there, so that'd be weird.
I just kinda don't want to sit around the house all week, ya know? I want to DO something. Or go somewhere. Help me think of ideas.
6. Speaking of Colorado. I want y'all to take two moments to send all your thoughts and prayers to those that are effected by the awful fires. I do have family in the Colorado Springs area and think about them every day. The fire isn't close to their house, yet, but it looks like it's on it's way. Here's a picture:
HERE's some aerial photos if you're interested. Of the Waldo Fire. Basically I've traveled the road that runs right thru the fire, Highway 24, for the last 10 years of my life visiting my family. So sad.
7. I really want one of these for lunch today:
8. The phone keeps ringing. It's 2 minutes till work time, and the apparently people just.can't.wait to bother my ass.
I have a feeling this day is just going to be epic.
9. I've been doing really good these last 2 days on keeping my mood positive and upbeat. Despite the #8 thing. Seriously, I've really been trying. And it's getting to the point where I don't have to try anymore. I don't know what was going on with Mrs. Bitchpants the last few weeks, but I think I've kicked her ass to the curb for good (at least until next month). Sometimes I have to struggle to not explode bitch all over the place, but I just try to remain calm, and I breathe some deep breaths, and just try to summon the Patience Gods. So far so good!
10. I saved this one for last because I know if I posted it at the top, y'all would just stop reading. And that would be tragic.
Anyways, after I posted about my Magic Mike date yesterday I found this video on the interwebs:
Well, the little hooker then emailed me this next video. It's not about Magic Mike, but it has Alexander Skarsgard & Joe Manganiello (who's the tall hunk in Magic Mike), almost nekkid. And prepare yourselves because I nearly melted in my chair. **WARNING**You WILL NOT be able to concentrate on anything besides ripped male muscles after watching this video, for like the next 30 minutes (at least).
Again, you're welcome.