Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Nesting [ˈnɛstɪŋ]n:

Refers to an instinct or urge in pregnant animals to prepare a home for the upcoming newborn(s). It is found in a variety of animals (both mammals and birds) including humans.

UhHuh.

My Nesting Level: Mary Poppins Grand Master times Speed Addict Extraordinaire.

Let me just give you a little glimpse of the last few days:

1. Saturday 27th: 
              A. Got up, completely cleaned out the car, including vacuuming, dusting, washing the dog nose 'art' off the windows and dumping all the trash out.
              B. Went to Lowe's. Bought a bunch of shit including paint for the nursery.
              C. Organized Baby Girls folded clothes in her new dresser. Rearranged shelf that the clothes were previously sitting on. Rearranged shelf again because I didn't like Arrangement #1.
              D. Started packing Baby Girl's diaper bag for the hospital.
              E. Prepped her room for painting by moving all the her furniture to the middle of the room & removed all light switch & plug in covers.
              F. Taped off all trim in Baby Girl's room.
              G. Was too impatient to wait for Ryan to start painting, so I started painting one wall. Ended up finishing 2 coats on the purple accent wall.

2. Sunday 28th:
              A. Got up, put additions to my family tree in Ancestry. (Heard from a distant relitive and she had info dating back to the 1700s, so of course, OCD me, I had to update everything with the new family members and such.)
              B. Again, was too impatient to wait for Ryan, so I started painting the other 3 walls gray.
              C. Went to the grocery store.
              D. Came home and finished painting.
              E. Made an amazing chicken, peppers, & onions in a spicy Alfredo sauce over fettuccine for dinner.
              F. Made chocolate pudding, because Baby Girl needs it.
              G. Unmasked all the tape from Baby Girl's room. Replaced all the light switch and plug in covers, and then moved all her furniture back.

3.  Monday 29th:
              A. Got up, went to work.
              B. Massage appointment at 12:30
              C. Went to the KSU store to buy Baby Girl her 'coming home outfit'. Found a sale. Spent way too much money.
              D. Went to Hobby Lobby to get 'decor' for Baby Girl's room. Found a creative way to make her own headbands with pretty flowers, instead of dropping an arm & a leg on them at the store. Again, the checking account hates life.
              E. Went to Babies R Us to get last minute 'things' for the baby. It's official, Ryan is going to murder me with a pick ax when I get home and he finds out how much I spent.
              F. Got home at 6pm, Ryan didn't murder me, but it was touch and go there for awhile. Ate 2 bowls of ice cream, and spent a serious amount of time contemplating never moving from my horizontal position on the couch. For the rest of eternity.

Yup. Definitely nailed the nesting thing.
             
Today I have full intentions of napping. All. Day. Long.

However, I really want to make the crib bed skirt from this amazing fabric I bought yesterday.

UGHHHHHH!!!! MAKE IT STOP!!!! MAKE THE NESTING STOP!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. the nesting stage was the only part the hubs liked when I was preggers... only because I cleaned everything, twice! and seeing as I was huge and bloated and uncomfortable the house was starting to look like a frat house instead of our home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I SO remember this stage. I actually think it never stopped for me. But the cleaning everything didn't stick, just the decorating.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all, so leave a comment!