It’s Friday and time for BYOC – Bring Your Own Crazy from the always amazing DRAZ! A couple of questions we answer to get to know each other better and to give our blogging brains a break. Copy to your own blog and enjoy!
This week her questions are going to themed…as in they are all about blogging and just to throw you off – there are more than 5 this time!!
1. When did you begin blogging? Do you plan to do it a long time or do you think you’ll stop after a while?
I began in January 2011. So I'm going on 9 months or so. Yes, I definitely think I'll keep doing it. For numerous reasons, but the main ones are that writing is a release for me, just like Draz. Since I started this my depression and self esteem has greatly improved. Another is I've 'met' some amazing people through this and I can't imagine ever losing contact with them or being out of the loop!
2. What do you enjoy more - blogging yourself or reading other’s blogs?
I think this is a tie. I love to write, because writing keeps me outta the padded van. But I love to just stalk around looking at all your lives! Ew, that's kinda creeperish. Sorry. I'm really not a creeper. Swear.
3. What’s the biggest thing blogging has taught you? Biggest surprise about blogging?
That I can have friends. Like genuine friends that I can share my strengths and weaknesses with and I know they won't laugh at me. Well, you may laugh at me, but I'll be laughing at me with you.
4. Have you met any other bloggers in real life – solely because of your blog or theirs?
Yessuree! I met Miss Vicky just a week ago. She is just so stinking awesomesauce! I can't wait to get together again!
5. Does your blog have a general theme as in one topic or do you cover everything and anything?
Well, let's see......nope. I really just talk about random shit. I mean, look at my title! What normal person would want to talk about beer, dogs and health. It doesn't even make sense. But that's me. Miss Randompants McGee.
6. Are you public or anonymous? Whichever you are – do you ever wish you were the other?
Very public, obviously, I post pics of my Ben & Jerry's (thighs) and my sweaty melon all the time on here. Without a drop of shame. And at times I wish I was Anon. so I could bitch about certain people at my wonderful place of employment. But, I'm not. So, that's the really only thing I refrain from. But don't get me wrong, I bitch about it, but just try to keep it as general as possible so someone's feelings don't get a boo-boo.
7. What’s your best blogging advice for a new blogger?
Ah hell, I don't know. Here's some tips though: I LOVE to comment back on my peep's comments. So show your email in your settings. It's extremely helpful. And I always believe in what goes around comes around, but in a good way. If you want people to read your blog, or if you want to get your blog out there, only part of it is having good crap to write about. I think another part is following other peoples blogs and commenting on their crap. It's the circle of Blog, people.
8. Does anyone in your real life read your blog/know it’s address? Do you wish they would or wouldn’t?
Everyone and their dog knows about my little ray of sunshine here. I tend to update my FB status with new posts and a link back. So, my shit is all up in the internets.
9. Do you enjoy blogging or do you view it as a chore? How often do you blog?
I love it!! Love, love, love it! I try to blog 3-4 times a week. But sometimes it's just 2. And that's ok. I wish I could do it everyday. But I'd end up talking about more boring stuff than I already talk about now. So I'll spare you. You're welcome.
10. Do you tell people in your real life that you blog? Or keep it a secret?
Oh, I blast it out there. No, not really. If it comes up in conversation then I'll say I have one. Or if someone asks me how I relieve stress I tell them that I blog. But sometimes when you say that, people look at you like you just grew a 12 inch green penis from your forehead. So I guess I try and keep it quiet but don't mind talking about it if asked.
T-Minus 3 hours and I'm outta here!!
Have a stupendous weekend y'all!!