Good Thursday Morning Starsparkles!!!
1. I went to bed last night at 9pm and woke up at 5:45am. That's almost 9 hours of sleep! What in the world. I was really tired yesterday afternoon and evening, which was odd. But I think I know why.....yesterday was snack day at work. And I may have had a small lagoon of nacho cheese and a mountainous plate of tortilla chips. Don't judge. I really do think plowing through some crap food yesterday really took a toll on my body. Huh.
2. I have a little confession to make. Just a teeny one. I have been smoking lately. Well, for awhile now. Bad Laura, bad! It's been really hard to get back into exercising, eating right, trying to cut down the beerage; I just needed something to keep me out of a straight jacket. BUT! As of 7:30am this morning.....I am quitting. For good. I had my last one and was just thinking, this is ridiculous, I want to be healthy, so why am I doing this???? Stephanie, I may need your will power. Could you lend a little to me pleeaaaasssseeeeeee?
3. I have also made another discovery......I treat myself.....to crap food......because I exercise.....kind of unconsciously. I mean, I know what I'm putting in my mouth, but for some reason I justify it because I'm running again. WHAT SENSE DOES THAT MAKE???!!! As example, last week I started my 7 Week Fat-tervention and during that week (Monday thru Friday) ate really healthy, only had one beer, and ran twice. I went from 159 to 151.something in 5 days. Good, great, fantastic. Now I know a lot of that was water weight, but clearly the diet/exercise was working. This week......I've eaten ok, snacked on junk all day yesterday, had 4 beers on Tuesday, and have run twice...........I'm up to 156.2. HEEELLLLLOOOOOOO! Wake up Laura. You can.not.cheat on this lifestyle change.
The site gives you details on how to perform the moves and tips on how to get the most out of your workout. And I like how they incorporate cardio into this, so I can get my run-run in. And I'm not going to wait till Monday, I'm actually starting it tonight, that way I can get it in before Thanksgiving.
5. Holy feathered turkey balls......THANKSGIVING IS NEAR!!!! I'm traveling to my mom's, which we've done every year since Mike and Mom got married. Thanksgiving was Mike's baby. He loved it when family and friends got together at their house and had fun, talked, drank, laughed.....it's awesome. This year is a little disappointing, as Mike's extended family decided not to join us, but we'll have some of mom's side of the family, Ryan's family and other friends that will be joining us. There WILL be a clay shoot, you know, where they throw those little discs in the air and people shoot at them. It's a country thing. Anyway, I think I get to use my new gun!
What are your Turkey Day plans? Traveling? Not traveling?
6. I've decided to get back into logging my food. Strictly because of the ups and downs of my weight the last few weeks, I need to actually see what I'm doing to myself. I mean, I know the junk is causing the gain, but I really want to see what it's doing to my weight, like on a graph or something. I'm a visual person, I retain more if I see pretty pictures. So logged back into myfitnesspal.com and am starting today. My name is laurabelle25, for all you that are on there. (I know Vicky is, and some others, so please find me!)
7. Today is going to be a great day. I can feel it. Can't you??? Don't know why I got all chipperpants all the sudden, but I'm going with it.
9. You all know the benefits of drinking water, so I'm not going to preach. But, I drank more than 120 ounces of water yesterday! It felt great. And water's been my primary drink of choice for the last few months. Occasionally I'll have a soda, last weekend I had two half cups of coffee, but mainly I drink water and water only. And can I just tell you that my skin feels grrrreat! (Channeling a little Tony the Tiger there.) So drink your water!!!
Put the Mt. Dew down. (Draz!)
10. And finally, I have found another obsession (Yes Dawyna, I know, I know, I don't need any more, I just can't help it). It's called ..............................................TJ Maxx.
And it is AAAA.MAAAAZ.ING!
Cute, right?! Right?! I love it. LOOOVE it!
And it's only 2 blocks from work.
Danger Will Robinson Danger.
Alrighty, I better get back to work.
Have a sunshiney day everyone!!!