Thursday, August 8, 2013

Ten Things Thursday!!!

1. What's up y'all? Wanna know what's up with me????? Freaking 10 days till my due date. 10 DAYS! No big deal. Just going to have a human come out my hoo-ha in 10 FREAKING DAYS-ish. Or longer than 10 days the way things are going, but whatevs. Shit's getting real, folks.

2.  I'm cranking today. No sleep last night, plus a watermelon in my tummy that doesn't stop pressing on my ribs makes for a stellar appearance of SuperBitch. It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's the Mrs. SuperBitchPants!!! Here to make your life miserable with her death stares and snide comments!!

3.  Wait......
That sounds about right.

4.  Hey, remember the other day when I talked about getting back into the healthy thang??? And I think I can safely blame the preggy brain for thinking I can jump right outta the shoot and start an exercise program. THANK YOU to everyone that commented/emailed/messaged me about different tips. I don't know what I was thinking. But y'all put my world right.

Yes, I should DEFINITELY wait for Dr's approval before starting anything, but that doesn't mean I can't eat better than I am now (baring that baby Girl likes what I eat, of course).

But the plan is for now, to enjoy our new little addition, try to eat as well as I can, and wait after the 6 week mark to start any exercise program. Then that program is going to start slow with walking. No 1/2 marathons for this girl this year. But maybe next year!!! (Ohhh, did I just set a goal?!?! Oops.)

5.  I'm thinking about making a cute little basket with goodies for the nurses when we deliver. That way I can put our 'birth plan' in there, but they have snacks and lotion and stuff that's fun. (BTW, the 'birth plan' consists of getting this kid out. Fast.) What do y'all think??? Any nurses out there that like this idea? And anyone have suggestions as to what to put in the basket? Spank ya.

6.  I need this today!
Seriously, if one more person asks me 'How ya doin', Mama?' I'm going to high five them in the face, with my stainless steel water jug. I mean, how do you think I'm doing? I've been pregnant for 270 days. My ankles resemble stuffed sausages, my bladder's the size of a pistachio, and I don't remember what sleeping through an entire night even feels like!!! I feel fantastic. How are you?

Clearly, I'm still SuperBitchPants.

I mean, I appreciate people asking and I don't usually give them a bitchy answer, but jeez. It gets old, ya know?! Especially when I get asked every day by the same people. Have I had the baby yet? Nope. So I still feel the same way I did yesterday. Fuck you very much.

And I'm not talking about my good friends. I enjoy when they ask how I am, no matter how terrible I feel. It's just the people that keep asking, over and over, every freaking day. Grrrr.

I need a nap, I think.

7. OK. Sorry. I try to be all happy happy happy, but sometimes it's hard, ya know? I am happy to be pregnant, and I can't wait to meet her, but I'm just so tired. I really need to learn how to deal with the tiredness, because I know it's not going to get any better for the next, I don't know, 18 years. I can't walk around like a Bitchtastic Zombie all the time. I would have no friends. And my co-workers would probably hang me. New mission: Find ways to not be cranky when I'm exhausted. Anyone got any tips on that????

8.  Have I showed you lately what Puppy's been up too? No? Well, take a gander:


Apparently hunting grasshoppers these last few weeks is exhausting.

9. You know one thing that I'm down on my knees praising the Baby Jesus for right now??? Not walking around in temperatures that equal Satan's outhouse! I can't believe how wonderful it's been this month! I mean, it's August! Normally it would feel like walking behind a fighter jet getting ready to take off. Hot, humid, and windy. Bleh. But lately, it's been raining every other day! Temps haven't gotten above 100 in a month. And lows have gotten below 70! Praise you Mother Nature.....praise you! For taking it easy on a 8.75 month pregnant lady.

See, I'm trying to get in a better mood. Think positive thoughts, LB, positive thoughts.

10.  Happy Thursday y'all!!!! 38 week update tomorrow!!!


4 comments:

  1. Can Wyatt come over to my house and hunt crickets? B/c there are some literally in.my.house! and that sound? makes me fucking crazy! (sorry I just cursed in your blog!)

    Nurses - good idea but sounds like a lot of work! I made (or my mom did b/c I had planned to but then my water broke and I was in the hospital pronto) cookies for the nurses. they LOVED them! And I was the most popular mama on the floor! Anything is a nice touch for those hard working ladies!

    can't wait to see that little munchkin!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. my daughter was born on my birthday- and as soon as they said I was passing gas and could eat real food the hubs went and bought us a birthday cake- I got one slice and then he shared the rest with all the nurses. They loved it- but seriously who doesn't like cake especially birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a thought about taking a basket to the nurses... but I had enough trouble packing my own hospital bag. Speaking of which, I never used anything that was in it. I don't necessarily suggest my route though... I arrived at the hospital less than one hour before little Miss Josie entered the world. Please do get there before that... lol

    I can't wait for you to have your bundle of joy... it will be the hardest, yet most rewarding thing you've ever done. Even if it doesn't feel like it all the time!

    Keep smiling and go ahead and high five those people in the face with the water jug. You can blame it on hormones... but only for so much longer!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all, so leave a comment!