Friday, June 10, 2011

BYOC...Bring Your Own Crazy

It’s Friday so that means it’s BYOC day – Bring Your Own Crazy….to five questions we all answer in an effort to get to know each other better and to give our blog brains a break! Copy and paste to your own blog and ENJOY!

----So, I've never done this...but I love it when I read Draz's and everyone elses, so I thought it was high time to join the cool kids.----

1. How and why did you first start blogging? And how long have you been blogging?

I woke up one January morning in 2011 and said....'Laura, you just gained 10 pounds in 3 months by eating every Halloween candy, Turkey day dressing, and Christmas cookie within your reach.  It's time to stop.'  I had worked hard to get down to a lighter version of myself for my wedding (Sept. 2009), and in such a short time I went and screwed it up. Not surprising.  But not only did I want to lose the 10 pounds that I gained, I wanted to lose another 10 on top of that.  And most important, I wanted to get healthier.  I wanted better eating habits and I wanted to take on the Satan's Torture Device (treadmill).  I tried a lot of food tracking and whatnot, but I needed to write about my feelings. I've always kept a little journal to write in, so why not start a blog?! I didn't even know what a blog was! (Yes, even though I grew up in the 'technology age'. Pathetic, I know).  So I started writing, people started following, and I have met some unbelievably fantastic people through this journey. I don't think I'd still be doing this if I didn't have all your support. So THANK YOU!

2. Tell me about your perfect mate – if you could invent him/her?

Ryan Reynolds.

Just kidding...Really, you guys will laugh:  When I was 21 or 22 I was sitting on the porch of our house drinking brewskies with my roomies and this topic came up. "What's your dream man?"  I said: I want the whole tall, dark, handsome bit.  He has to be huge, because I love it when big arms wrap around me.  Then, he has to have a down-home country attitude, but have city boy background too.  Meaning he has to be all cowboy boots and ball caps, sweet and adorable, but he needs to be able to dress up in more than tight wranglers and know not to spit in public.  And city boys treat their women better than cowboys (at least that's true from where I'm from).  He has to love the outdoors, drive a big truck, make me laugh and work with his hands.  Oh, and good morals too. (Like how I just throw that in there last minute.)

About 4-5 years later I met Ryan.  He wears cowboy boots, but grew up in Kansas City with 800 kids in his graduating class.  He loves to hunt, fish, wakeboard, hike, etc. His truck was an enormous Dodge Ram. And he cleans up pretty good.  We have about the same personality and morals, which is a little scary but totally awesome. And he's HUGE! I'm talking about height ladies...get your minds outta the gutter. 6 foot 4 inches, size 13 shoe....basketball player (but could totally be a linebacker too.) He's perfect. My perfect man.  I got everything I asked for. And I am so lucky.

3. Do you wear fake eyelashes? Do you want to? Do you use glue or self-stick ones? Do you like how they look?

Nope. Na. Glue. Yep.  I have been blessed with dark thick lashes and one application of mascara is plenty. But I have always thought that it'd be neat to try one day....just don't know if I ever would. If I tried to apply them, I'd trip on the bathroom rug, knock my elbow on the sink and probably would glue my lids shut. Cursing like a sailor the whole time.

4. Let’s say money was no object and neither was time off to recover – are you an advocate of plastic surgery after weight loss?

Yes.  I'm actually an advocate for it even for non-weightloss reasons.  Completely selfish of me, but, I have a double chin. It's inherited. It sucks.  I would totally get that changed.  And I'd like to add a little more Ummph to my acorns.  So that I wouldn't have to wear push-up bras.  But I don't agree with people changing their entire body or face.  At least keep something of what God gave you people.!

5. Repeat question. Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.

Blog Land: Spectacular! I just love reading everyone's posts and keeping up with people.  You all inspire me and keep me going just by words!! I love it that I have found this.  And I'm getting more regular in posts and adding pictures and whatever.  So that's good.

Real Life:  I think I've run about 8 out of 15 miles this week. I don't even know who this person is.  My diet is still high protein, low fat, non-carb, and seems to be going really well. I feel energized and 'healthy'.  Who knew eating right and exercising could do that?!

6 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and love it. The title describes my life too. I love my pup, beer and being healthy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, you aren't a cool kid? But that's why I started following you. I may have to rethink that now.

    Totally kidding! You are one of my Blogging Besties. Love the BYOC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a rock star with the running! And love the new layout. I was just thinking today - my little doodlebug Laura never does BYOC --- and then look YOU DID IT! I feel so special!!!

    Loves you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post. I loved getting to know you more. I love your man requirements, sounds a lot like how I was, only I wanted a man from a big ranch so we could raise lots of little cowboys, alas he is not from a big ranch, but I sure do love him! I may have to do this later this week when I get a little time! Have a great weekend and great job on your running!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you did BYOC!!! (your perfect mate description is totally what I had in my head - but is totally not what I typed - LOL)

    Thanks for your continued support!!

    And if you weren't already one of the cool kids then my cool-o-meter is totally broken.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all, so leave a comment!