Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Challenges Day #2....complete.

Another 5 miles down! I walked about 3 of them.  It was about 90 degrees outside with 598% humidity and 46 mile per hour winds---AKA: Beautiful running conditions.

-Mile #1.5 my new tennies gave me blisters on my Achilles heels (that sucked finishing the rest of the 5 miles).
-Mile #3 I ran on gravel/sand for the first time ever. It was only 1/2 a mile, but I did not like it at all. I don't think I will be doing that again.
-Mile #4 Discovered that running in the ditch (so I wouldn't get run over by the 126 cars that passed me on a road with no shoulder) will produce nasty stickers in your socks, which rub and hurt and made me want to cry. I couldn't stop in the ditch to take them out, so I had to run 1/4 mile to the road to bend over (ass up in the air like a hot air balloon) to pick them out one by one.  I happened to look up and there was a car parked right next to me with the people just staring.  Nice.

I made it back home without going into cardiac arrest in about 1 hour 10 min. Puttin' that on the Minutes Challenge!!! Woot Woot! 

I'm bringing sexy back with this photo.

I am strong! I am powerful! I will conquer!
(Yes, I am wearing a camo hat and a tank that says 'Jug-n-Plug'. I ain't no city girl folks!)

I've decided to take today off. Or at least not do any running.  I may take the pup on a short walk tonight.  My body feels like it was replaced with Gumby's and because I have run in the evenings I haven't gotten good sleep, I'm guessing because all the adrenaline still in my system.  Which, by the way, is totally lame. You'd think that when I run myself nearly to a blackout, that I'd pass out when my head hits the pillow.  Nope. I counted sheep till 1:45am this morning before I started having visions of headbutting those sheep into a coma and decided I just needed to lay awake all night.  It's been awesome.

Anyways. 16.05 miles left of The Marathon Challenge!!  Oh, and Sarah at Thinfluenced is doing the same challenge, so go over there and give her some good exercise mojo!

Have a merry Wednesday everyone!!

7 comments:

  1. I would have passed out and died with my ass in the air. I envy runners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Laura. I couldn't be running outside in this heat. I would laying on the ground in a puddle. It is just too hot. I admire your tenacity. I think I will do my walking, when I can motivate myself, in my air conditioned exercise room. I feel like your dog lately Lying on the front porch with my tongue lolling out, panting from the heat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My closet is color coordinated too. It makes me happy to look at it all organized like that. Love the shirt it made me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such an awesome challenge! You are freaking adorable and kick ass at the same time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job!! And love the shirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, Wonderwoman! Where'd you buy those guns? Cuz I want some too! :) Seriously, you look fantastic with pipes. Most women can't pull them off and not look beefy, but yours look like they belong there!

    ... should have used them to knock out the people in the car. Just sayin'! lol

    You know, most men like seeing ass in the air. Was there a man in the car? And if so, was he gay? I mean, really!

    Have a great day! Thanks for the blog love! (Knocked out six miles today! Six! .... I nearly died. Word. lol)

    Sarah @ Thinfluenced

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all, so leave a comment!