Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Exercise? What the hell is that?

You know what I realized today in an epiphany from the Exercise Gods from above?  My blog is 89.65% about my life, 7.81% about 'getting healthier', and 2.54% bullshit.  Which is totally cool, because my life rocks...in my mind I'm Fergie (with the killer body) married to Josh Duhamel but having a seriously delicious love affair with Ryan Reynolds, I prance around living the life of luxury complete with big fancy yachts and all the mint chocolate chip ice cream I shove in my pie-hole, not having a single care in the world.  Yeah right. My life's a big conglomerate of donkey poo most of the time, with a few funny stories about my 'child' (aka dog) and my certifiably crazy family.


Anywho....back to the epiphany: It's fine that I write about my life a lot, because lets face it, me and 'getting healthier' is a love/hate relationship.  I mean, I drink beer for God sakes.  That's pretty much only healthy if you have one beer a month. And we all know that's just not this gal's drinking style (oh yes, I have a drinking style).  And I did come up with a simply glorious blog title that lets me rant not just about health, but beer and dogs and life too.  Because I want to talk about those things and that's that.


Holy miniature schnauzers, got off subject again. Where is my mind today?!


My point, if I could find it under all the shit flying around in my uber-confused noggin, is that I need to exercise more.  A lot more.  More than just going from couch to fridge, popping a top, and back to the couch. 


Being on the Dukan Diet where I eat amazing (lets be real people, about 80% of the time, which is amazing in my book) has really proved to myself that food is fuel and like milk, it does a body good.  I've written these words about a kazillion times, but my skin is clear, my nails don't look like a hedge trimmer was used on them, and I have a butt-load of energy.  So, eating...check.  Got that down, finally (after working on it for, well, my entire adult life).


But my exercise habits are equivalent to a sumo wrestler...I stomp around the house and then body slam the sofa. Wearing the loincloth belt. Ha, just kidding, that'd be funny though if Ryan (my hubby, not Reynolds) walked in and found me in a sumo wrestler stance getting ready to pummel the couch, wearing nothing but a loincloth best.  HeHeHe.


I was just thinking to myself that I need to get back into some sort of workout routine.  Then I came across this post by Mrs. Fatass where she talks about today being National Running Day, and then there was a link in there about a challenge another blogger was doing. It's completing the mileage equivalent to a marathon in 7 days time.  Now if you're like me, the 'I run but am NOT a runner, but I kinda wanna be a runner' type of person, I didn't even know what that mileage was.  He explains: "To complete 26.2 miles (the length of a marathon) over the course of 7 days. For some this may be a little daunting (no shit Sherlock), and the whole point is that it is a CHALLENGE, but if you break it down it’s really not so bad.  You could do 3.74 (and some change) miles a day for 7 days, or 5.24 miles a day for 5 days, two half marathons (13.1 miles) or an actual marathon (which would be awesome-and totally not happening)."


He's right though, when you break it down, I could totally run/walk/crawl 3.74 miles a day. I could even do 5 miles a day.  It'd take me an hour, but so what. It's beautiful here, a little on the warm side, but it's sunny and not yet 102 degrees.  So why not?!  Plus, the out of shape K9 needs a workout too.


So that's what I'm going to do. I'm going to amp up my non-existent workout routine by starting this majorly hard enthusiastic Marathon Challenge for a week, starting Monday the 6th.  Then after that first week, I think I'll get back into lifting weights.  A blogger friend Angie is working with a personal trainer and starting a weight lifting routine, so it encouraged me to dust off those totally girly 5lb dumbbells and rock it out.


Pray to the Exercise Gods to keep me on track next week. I'll need all the extra help I can get.

4 comments:

  1. Holy miniature schnauzers....lol.

    That challenge is a great idea! Good luck, you'll rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!! More inspiration for me! You are going to do great. I can't wait to hear about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! YOu can totally rock the weights!.....and the marathon week!

    Thanks for the shout out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Jesus, Laura! You're going to kill me! I feel inspired... and just may join you in your little quest! :) I would like to start today, but considering we're inpatient & Cole is getting blood transfusions as we speak, I don't know if that's going to be possible. Regardless, it'd be fun---and I need someone to kick my @ss in gear!

    Sarah @ Thinfluenced

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all, so leave a comment!