Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ten Things Thursday


1.    I think I should clarify the Barn from my post the other day. While it was scarier than the freaky clown in IT, it wasn’t like a creaky wooden older than God type barn. It’s a Morton building, made of metal, and only about 10 years old. But there were still spiders. Scary spider bodies. *Double Shivers* Moving on.
2.    I’m pretty sure my co-worker (and friend) Rebecca loves it when I belt out 80s Paula Abdul songs at the top of my lungs.  (She sits two feet away from me.) Not because I’m good (I sound like an 18 year old howling coon dog) but because it’s the funniest shit she’s heard all day.  People laugh at me (and look at me funny). It’s fine.
3.    Do you know that I’m the shyest person on the face of the big blue planet? Bet you thought I was all outgoing and drop dead hilarious in real life, huh? Nope. Not really. Unless I've known you for just about ever and see you on a regular basis, so you already know I'm a weirdo.  I barely say a word around people I don’t know. Sometimes, even around people I do know. And when I do get the courage to say something, it’s usually a smart ass comment that no one but me, myself, and I get.  I also tend to completely morph into other personalities.  But not in the ‘I need to be locked up in the looney bin type way’. It’s like my ‘teddy bear’ when I’m scared; to not be myself but to be what I think people want me to be.  I do it all the time. Half the time I don’t even realize I’m doing it, Ryan has to tell me.  So, to all you people that know me in real life, if I start acting all Mrs. Batty Coocooton, just ignore me and I will eventually loosen up and act like myself.  (Oh, and beer helps the loosening effect too.) *Note: I think me blogging has really allowed myself to open up and be myself, in real life. Because I'm 'myself' on here all the time. And you guys love it, so other people in real life should too, huh? I just need to get some big girl balls and take the plunge to being more myself all the time.
4.    Also, here in Unbalancedtown, I talk to myself.  Out loud.  Sometimes I even answer myself.  I also have full conversations with my dog.  It’s fine.

5.    Last week I completed 18 miles of running/walking out of my 25 mile goal. That’s recockulous. So far this week I’ve gotten 16 miles in, I’m planning on running tomorrow morning making it 21.  I’m inchin’ my way there folks. Really, the strength of my effort to complete my Mileage Goal each week is the equivalent to that of a wet noodle. I don’t know what my deal is.  My next mini goal is to run that 5K I sighed up for (that’s 9 days away-EEK) in less than 34 minutes.  Tuesday morning I tried my very bestest to run as fast as I could w/o face planting the pavement and I still did it in 34 minutes. What the F Running Gods?! Show some damn mercy on a girl!
6.    I shaved Ryan’s head Tuesday night. I earned mega ‘good wifey’ points for that one. It was scary. Clippers scare me. But there’s something about bald heads that make me feel all funny-good inside.  Basically, he looks super hot with a shaved head. Not that he didn’t look hot before. I mean, he just looks more hot. Oh farts, I’m done.
7.    I’ve decided that I need to length my weee little fuse.  I have a habit of immediately judging what’s going to come out of a person’s mouth and whatever it is, it’s going to piss me off.  I need to stop being Bitchy Pants McGee to people that annoy me. Which is almost everyone. There’s just no call for it.  So, as of today I will plaster a total fake smiley face on my ugly mug and pretend that my place of employment is the place where My Little Pony’s live, full of cute blue horses with soft pink hair and rainbows made of sour Jolly Ranchers (because that’s my new obsession food). Praise be to non-bitchy life.
                How 'bout this smile:
Whoa. That's scary.
Oh, yea, that's better. Jeez. Crazy neck veins are cool BTW.
8.    We’re going to the family cabin at Table Rock Lake this weekend. I’m so excited I could just pee my pants.  Nothing but water, skiing, beer, docks, fishing, beer, swimming, friends, beer, food, beer and great family.  And beer. I don’t really need to do any strenuous activities this weekend, but I think I’m going to try to walk up the mountain that is our street a few times.  I’m not shitting you. Biggest hill ever. I’ll take a pic and show you when I get back.
9.    I lost another pound this week. I’m now down to 148.3!! I think this is one of my lowest points in 6 months. I think I have overcome the dreaded….Shhhh….plateau. I bet you that if I get my pooper outta bed tomorrow morning and run that I’ll even lose some more. Who’d’a thought that exercise and eating right can actually make you *gasp* lose weight.  Craziness.
10.  I want to wish everyone a great 4th of July weekend! Remember the real reason for this celebration is not just a day off work and BBQs and beer, but it’s about our country’s independence.  That being said, go balls to the wall and have a shit-ton of funtasticness!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I vote for smile #2. haha

    Wow, 148. I can't WAIT to be in that range again. *sigh* Good for you!

    Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Number two is my fav!! Gotta love belting it out every chance you get!

    ohhhhh, 148.... I can dream, can't I??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you, getting those miles in! Nice job - i'm stealing some of your motivation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, if I promise to move near you can we please be best friends? (yeah, ignore me, that sounded either A) pitiful or B) phycho blog stalker and I'm neither)

    But seriously - being shy around people you don't know well, while being super outgoing in blog land, not really liking most people and being Bitchy McGee at first etc and that you love dogs and beer (I like vodka/tonic but hey, more beer for you right?) yeah, we're like blog soul mates. I insist. /nod

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have never guessed that you are shy! You seem so outgoing in your writing, haha! I can be pretty shy until I get to know someone.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all, so leave a comment!