Hello my lovelies!!!!
1. Sooooo, I completely forgot my Ten Things Thursday last week. Typical me. But it's back this week!!! Get PUMPED.
2. I ate Italian Nachos and a slice of deep dish last night. And I drank 4 beers. Damn you stupid chain pizza restaurant!!! **Warning: Early morning food porn coming up.**
Lesson. Learned. Again.
3. Other than my little vacation to FoodHell last night, I've been doing incredibly well on the Eat Clean thang. I finally finished the book and decided to jump start this healthified nutrition consumption even further: I'm starting with the Cooler #1 diet for the next 1.5 weeks. It says to do it for 2 weeks, but I'm going to a KSU football game next week, and we all know that KSU football + tailgating = beer consumption in my little Crazytown. Basically the Cooler #1 diet is, in one day: I have to eat 5 servings of protein, 4 huge servings of high glycemic index veggies, 1 serving of oatmeal/brown rice/quinoa (mommykinz: haven't tried it yet, but thinking about it, btw, send me your email so I can reply back to your comments, if you want), and 1 apple or pear. I love me some apples. I also need to drink a gallon of water. A GALLON! That's 128 ounces! I'll be freaking peeing every 10 minutes. Maybe I should invest in Depends. Ok, that's just ridiculous. Moving on. I also need to eat all that foodstuffs in 5 small meals a day. No dairy, bread, alcohol (I die, I die), and something else, but I forget (seems to be a theme with me).
Pretty strict. However! I think I can do it, I took the diet for a test run yesterday (pre-FoodHell) and I really felt good about it. It wasn't that hard. Really. REALLY!
4. Ok, since I know y'all are sitting on the edge of your computer chair just dying to know (right), here's what my plan is today:
Breakfast: 1/2 c oatmeal w/ 2 T each Flaxseed and Wheatgerm (book recommended the added stuff, helps with the poopin'. Ronnie....maybe you should try this???). And 1 poached egg.
9:30am snack: 1/2 apple and 3oz sliced turkey.
Lunch: 2 cupped handfuls of romaine lettuce, chopped green pepper, red pepper, and tomatoes w/ 4oz of roasted chicken and topped w/ homemade salsa, and other 1/2 apple.
2:30am: 1 handful chopped cucumbers in water/vinegar, 4oz of chicken over 1/2 c brown rice with a teensy splash of low sodium soy sauce (sauce is not recommended but I just have to have something on my rice and chicken).
Dinner: 6oz of sauteed shrimp in chili paste and low sodium soy sauce w/ zucchini, squash, onion, asparagus, snow peas, and green pepper.
See, not that hard. Then once this is over I add in more fruit and more sauces and bread and dairy, thank the Lawd.
5. I booked my work-trip to New Orleans yesterday!!!! Look out Tessie--Comin' to your part of the world in Oct.!! I'm so excited I could fart glitter.
I'm staying at the Astor Crown Plaza.
I'll be attending a Print Conference, and as totally funtown as that sounds, I'm actually really excited about it. I'll be there for 2 nights, and 3 days. Ohhhhhh I. CAN. NOT. WAIT. I. LOVE. NEW. ORLEANS!
6. I'm only drinking one cup of coffee a day. Surprisingly, I haven't morphed into a raging bitch yet. I can live without a bucket of caffeine. It's a miracle.
7. I have not run since last Saturday. Overtime is a pimple on the butt of a hippo. I need to run tonight. And tomorrow. And the next day. And 4-5 days a week for the rest of my natural LIFE! I have a 5K coming up in 3 weeks. 3 WEEKS! That's like a sparrow's fart away (Thank you Amy for that glorious term.) Laura------>get your pooper outside and train!! Now.
8. Which brings me to a thought I've been pondering for a few days now: It's all about the mindset, isn't it? Y'all post about yourbadassselves with your rockin' workouts (Uhhemmm, Beth Ann, Robin, and so many more). Why can't I get myself to move my blubber??? It's because my brain is being a loafing heffer. I don't wanna, and it's too late, and I don't have time, and I hate life, and I can't find my water belt and water bottle and tennis shoes and now I can't bend over to tie my shoe because I don't want to turn my head away from the Hot Messes on Real Housewives, and I don't wanna. Multiply moronic excuses. I wanted to eat clean, set my mind to it, and have done good. So why can't I make myself to actually get out and run??!! Something that I, God only knows why, love to do??!! If any of you have answers on how to make my hefferbrain turn into a stellar athletic go get em' brain, please do tell.
9. The highest temp we have for the next 7 days is 89. Yup. And that's next Tuesday. Since the weatherman gets it right about 2.367% of the time, I'm pretty sure it will want to be like all other days and be 80. I have officially done died and gone to weather Heaven. BTW, how can a person have a job and be wrong about it 97.633% of the time, and still keep their job??? Inquiring minds would like to know.
10. Me no likey likey this:
Enjoy your day my Sweetcheeks!!!