1. I am OB.SESSED. with Pinterest. Yuppers, can.not.get.enough. Borderline scary stalkerish. Have you been on there?? Oh, don't go. Its so Hotel California. You'll get suckered in and never able to leave.
So because of my new little compulsion, I have determined that the decor in my
We have this big wall in our living room, and I have determined, in my infinite wisdom and because of Pinterest, that it needs to be a gallery wall. Like so:
2. Because of the above decor transformation decision, I need a 'W' right? Because of Wiksten. You just can't have all pictures up there, you need to shake it up a bit. (I love how I'm 'writing' to y'all like we're having a normal conversation. Completely not mental. At all.) And this is where this idea came in:
|I got a wooden 'W' at The Hobby (lobby), with some brown twine/string.|
|Start at one corner and use a hot glue gun to attach the end of the string. Wrap around, gluing on the back and sides of the 'W', and in the front, a little.|
|And TA DA!!! Purdy en'it?|
3. The new dishwasher.....IS IN! Remember how we bought a new dishwasher and it came in broken and I had to make poor little salesman Ron poop his pants because I was so hot about the issue? Well, little Ronny finally came though. I must say, there have been numerous people very impressed that we got free delivery and free installation out of the deal. It's all in how you word things folks. And I can be a pretty frightening bitch when I put my mind to it. Sad news....we washed dishes last night and they didn't get all the way clean. Most where freaking spotless squeaky clean. Yippee! But there was a bowl that was kinda grungy, but it had caked on oatmeal, so I'm chalking that up to nothing cleans caked on oatmeal. And a fork was pretty much not clean at all. *Sadface* But, it was the first wash. Maybe the next one will be better.
4. Ryan AND I are going to a KSU football game this weekend. See, normally, football season is in hunting season, so he's always hunting and unable to come par-tay with me and my KSU fanatic-fan friends. But it's still too green out to see the critters, so he's able to make it this game! Woot Woot!! And you wanna know what else??? We got the Club House seats!! You wanna know what happens in the Club House?? You get to drink beer. And have a 'special' elevator to use. And have seats with backs on them. And are on the 45 yard line. Best weekend of my life coming up. (Well, besides getting married and all.) I will totally take a buttloads of pictures and do a little weekend recap!
5. I ran my best 5K time on Tuesday night! New PR (personal record, didn't know that's what PR meant for the longest time, and I still forget and have to look it up). 32:33! It was so weird because I was dying. Really, thought my lungs were going to shrivel up and just disintegrate into my bloodstream. And my legs felt like blocks of concrete. But I just kept trudging on. The beginning was down hill and I ran that first mile in 9:20. 9:20 people!! Me likey likey my new downhill course. Then Mile 2 was 10:20. Not bad and it was mostly uphill. Then the last mile...can you say 'broken record'....was almost 13 minutes. Lame. But it's just because my endurance hasn't built up yet. Maybe if I got my jigglebutt out more than once a freaking week. Gawwwd.
6. On that note, about running more, I've set my alarm every morning, EVERY morning this week, to get up at 4:30am to get my run done and over with pre-work. And every morning when that little blaring beast chimes off, I've reset it for 5:30. Epic. Fail.
7. Didgya know that Kirstie Alley has lost 100lbs since starting DWTS? You go girl!!
8. Clean Eating is still going well. Last night was the weekly Wed. Night Cousin Gossip Fest, complete with pizza...again....and beer. When I woke up yesterday I had full intentions of not drinking or eating bad.....then I got to work. And a shitstorm erupted. Eight hours later that frosty Bud was like reaching the gates of paradise. But, I had only 3 beers at the bar and 3 beers at home, not a 12-pack, like normal. Lush. I had one small piece of pizza, not 3 pieces, like normal. And had a few chips and salsa. Not bad. Improvement in my book. Maybe if I slowly weed out the booze and junk....it'll eventually not be a problem to say, "Nope, this gut does not need more empty calories." We'll see.
Other than that I'm still keeping to my regular diet of dust. I'm really missing cheese. We were best buds for so long. And milk. But the 'no dairy' part of the diet is only for 2 more days. Then cheese and I can become friends again. But only in limited quantities. And all the veggies I'm consuming are giving me the worst toots. I'm tellin' ya. Not good. Not good at all. Probably should break down and by some beano. I'm officially a middle aged man with uncontrollable gas. Fantastic.
9. This is glorious:
10. My mom posted this on my FB wall and I wanted to share with you all. I think i've mentioned that she and my dad Mike raised service dogs from 8 weeks old to 2 years old, for years now. They taught the basics, like sit, stay, etc. And took the pups on trips to football games, and restaurants, and the grocery store, to aclimate it to public. It was something that my dad was extremely passionate about. He always said that it was hard to give those dogs back to KSDS to get formally trained, but it was ok, because he knew they were going to help someone in need. Well, here is a little video about one of 'their' dogs, Elf. Elf helps Callie out with her day to day living....and so much more. This made me cry. I know that Mike is living on in the wonderful things he did for other people.
Have a wonderous Thursday little Pumkins!!!