Friday, March 21, 2014

End of week update.....on EVERYTHING

OK. It looks like it might be 3 Things Friday today. Because I was so hopped up on the oil pulling crap yesterday, that's all I wanted to talk about, and didn't do TTT. But now I have loads to talk about today! Yippee skippy for y'all.

1. OK. First off, my diet and exercise has been eh, pretty good this week. Monday thru Wed I rocked it. Yesterday I was planning on doing 30 Day Shred after work and then my body decided to have an allergic reaction to some meds I'm taking. Hives everywhere. I thought I was going to come out of my skin. Seriously. I freaking hate hives. I took Benadryl and all went away, but I was in a Benadryl coma for the rest of the night and this morning, so working out wasn't really an option. I'd probably drop a damn dumbbell on my face or something.  I'm going to try and run tonight right after work. Check that. I WILL run tonight after work! That's better.

As far as food, I had one slip up last night, and I completely blame the Benadryl. 3 cheese tortilla roll ups and 3 Thin Mints. I didn't even step on the scale this morning fearing the worst. But I've decided that everyone 'slips' once in a while and the rest of the week I've been stellar. So I'm good with whatever the scale says tomorrow.

Just an FYI, I've mostly been eating clean, or as clean as possible. Chex for breakfast, veggies and rice for lunch, then some left over spaghetti for dinner. I'll tell you this tho, having pre-made meals in my fridge has saved me!!! A few nights ago I wanted bad stuff, but I remembered I had veggies and rice, so I just pulled that out and mowed it down. I'm going to make sure my fridge is stocked full of meals for the week now! It's truly a life-saver!

I'm already down 2.5 pounds!!! Woop woop! 

2. Running. Ok, so I'm back to running and I've learned a few things from taking a year off.

First off, when starting out, I think it's a GREAT idea to start on the treadmill so that you can work out your breathing and pace. I started doing .25 miles at a time, then walking .25, then running .25, and so on. Until I got to 2 miles or so. Then each week I'd up it by a 1/4 of a mile.  I got to the point that I was almost running 1 mile without stopping. In hind sight I probably should have kept up the treadmill before going outside on pavement.....but whatevs.

Let me give you a little tip: When you're about to go on your first run outside in over a year, don't take the freaking dog and push a baby stroller while running on gravel, mmmmkay????!!!!! Mmkay.

Seriously, WTF was I thinking.

I mean, it was so nice and I thought that I'd take it slow and it'd be all good.
Righhhhhhhttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

So there I am, I get the kid wrangled in the stroller, tie the dog leash to the handle, get my ear buds in, yank the leash to the dog back to the stroller otherwise we'd have baby doing the next Iditarod....by.her.self. And then I start.

Mind you, our driveway is gravel, then the loop around the 'neighborhood' is about .5 miles, with most of it blacktop, but the last 1/4 of it is pure, straight up, small ass, pebble gravel/a sand death trap from Hell.

I make it down the gravel and start off on the easy blacktop. I'm feeling pretty good. And by 'pretty good', I mean I think my legs are going to collapse at any minute, my lungs are going to explode, and it's only been a tenth of a mile. Awesomesauce.

I keep yanking the dog back so he doesn't get in front of the stroller then I bump into his ass, which he takes as a sign to STOP. At which point, I almost flip over the stroller. The whole time I'm thinking, 'Please Baby Jesus do not let any of the neighbors that I've barely met see this Country Wiksten's Psycho Circus.'

We finally ALL get in a rhythm. But then we're approaching the last part of the loop.....dun, dun, dunnnnnn, the sand pit of death! I've been running the entire time, so I'm pretty pumped up and proud of myself, so I figure I can just push through that sand like the parting of the Red Sea or some shit like that.

I would like to point out that the stroller that I'm running with is NOT one of those fancy Running Strollers with the souped up tires. It is our normal walking Chicco brand stroller with four tiny ass wheels. I may as well been pushing a semi truck with flat tires though an ocean of nacho fucking cheese.

Needless to say, I pushed though and the minute I hit the blacktop, I slowed down to a walk.

If you ever want to challenge yourself, for the love of god just push a stroller on gravel. It'll do the trick.

I did make it around for 1.5 miles finishing in about 22 minutes. Not the best time, but for my first time on the 'pavement' I'll take it!

PS: I ran the next night with no dog and no stroller and did 2 miles in 25 minutes. Ya. Just a little bit of a difference there! lol

3. Oil pulling. I'm on day three and I've made a revelation. I CAN NOT. REPEAT. CAN NOT chew up the oil till it melts. I gagged so hard I nearly spit it all up. I've decided to slightly melt the oil now before putting it in my mouth. Once it's melted it just feels like swishing saliva in my mouth. But chewing that shit while it's in it's 'solid' state.......nope. Can't do it. *shivers*

Here's some before pics. Not the best lighting, but it was early and I clearly wasn't in a perfect picture take mood.
And the winner for best smile goes toooooooo.......

Clearly I should make this my profile picture. Sweet Jesus.


All in all, I'm digging the pulling of the oil and I'm going to keep it up. It doesn't take that much and if it helps with all that it says it will, then why the eff not. Ya know?!

OK, that about does it for me on updates. We've got a full weekend of my bestie Mandy coming down. There will be wine. There will be LOTS of wine. And basketball. GOOOOOO KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY!!! AND WICHITA STATE UNIVERSITY!!!!! I love it that KS has 3 universities representing in the Tourney! (The other team is Kansas, and well, we hate Kansas, okey dokey. Because their my KSU rivals. They can suck monkey balls.)

Then the grandparents come for some Dillyn time. I'm over the fact that they want to see the peon parents. Nope. We're nothing now that we have a chubby cheeked nugget.

Annnndddddd we're getting the yard in shape. Planting of trees, trees, and more trees! Actually I think I'm going to supervise. yup. Hubby can take care of that shit.

Have a glorious weekend!
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot imagine hives. Ugh! I was so sad about Wichita. I was totally on that bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all, so leave a comment!