Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mile 1....Obliterated

I did it ya'll! I freaking DID IT!

I ran a whole mile....without stopping!

Do you know when the last time that happened??? I'm pretty sure it was high school.  When I weighed next to nothing, had the metabolism of a 13 year old boy, and boundless energy.

Yeah, I hit a mile on the treadmill last winter, but that's different. Running outside is so much harder because you actually have to propel your self forward. Versus letting the treadmill do some of the work. I'm not saying that running on the treadmill isn't difficult, because I freaking almost did cartwheels in the gym when I first hit that one mile mark on the treadmill; I'm just saying I haven't run a mile outside in TEN FREAKING YEARS!

And get this: Not only did I run a full mile, but I ended up running 2 out of the 3.5 miles that I went on last night! Not bad, eh?

I'm a rock star. Who wants my autograph? UUMmm, anyone? Ok, no one.  But that's ok, I'll still get some self portraits with my John Hancock on them, just in case.

Now, after said milestone (get it?? I know, I'm hilarious) was over and I made my way home, and nearly passed out in the driveway.  I seriously contemplated calling for Ryan to go get me an oxygen tank and a hot tub. (Because a hot tub makes everything better.) I'm pretty sure I popped a lung; possibly deflating and dropping out on Mile 2.

Wanna know something else that is totally radial, badass cool, and just plain
FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC???? As of this morning, my current weight is.....148.9!!!

I made it below 150! I've been trying for this since after I got married, which was over a year and a half ago. I'm so excited!

The energy I have is amazing, the stamina when exercising is unreal, and the way I feel is...well...healthy!  I feel like I'm actually getting healthier.  Crazy, I know, especially when you're eating nothing but chicken and veggies and running your ass off.  Who wouldn't feel healthy?!  And I really see changes in my body, which just makes me feel all tingly-good inside. There are abs in there! I can kinda see them now!

Less jello, more HELLO!

Boo Ya People!

LauraBelle...OUT.

5 comments:

  1. How freakin awesome is this?!!! So happy for ya! And yay for feelin healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your post is exactly what I needed to read..it's so upbeat and inspiring!!

    woooohooooo all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell yeah, lady!! Congrats on your mile AND your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo! Congrats on your first outdoor mile & your new low!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so far behind and just catching up, but WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!! You do rock, sister! You are going to be running all over town very soon. YAY!!

    And, by the way, I'm writing this as I'm sitting in a chair with a tennis ball at my back. It is helping tremendously!! I plan to do the floor thing tonight!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all, so leave a comment!