Saturday, February 23, 2013

Pregnancy - WEEK 14 (Feb 18th – 24th)


Wow. Hot mess in that pic. And check the batwings. Holy shitballs.

Well, there’s been some new ‘things’ going on this week. But first, let’s start with the old shit. My tailbone still feels like a hot mess. It’s ok if I stay at home in bed all day, but the minute I come to work…..pain in the ass. Literally. I think I should just stay home the rest of this pregnancy. What do y’all think?!?!

Pregnancy brain is still a’happenin’. And it’s awesome. I’ve got my co-workers covering for me though. I basically explained to them to not trust a single word that shoots out of my mouth, and to question any instructions I give to them. So far we’ve been rockin’ this ditziness like a mo' fo' and most of our work has come out ok. At home….well, that’s a whole other story. Poor hubby.

OH, and your comments about pregnancy brain turning into to mommy brain just freak me the f*ck out. Thanks a lot. Lol.

Another thing that's kicked up a notch is the................... wait for it..............................
 flatulence.
Yup, I'm a little gassy.
And let me tell you how thrilled I am about this. 
Gassy & sassy.
That's me.
And proud of it.

OK, new thing that’s going on is that I’ve lost 6lbs. By my scale, I gained 10 lbs my first trimester, and while I wasn’t concerned last week with losing 3 of those lbs, this week when another 3 fell off the scale, I got a little worried. (Is that not the biggest bullshit I’ve ever written?!?!  I mean, shitballs, I’m WORRIED about losing weight. Christ. I feel like I’m not even ME. It’s like my body’s been taken over by aliens. But the alien is this little person the size of an orange. Not that I’m calling my baby an alien. Shitballs again, just ignore me. Ignore this whole paragraph. Ugh.) So I called the doctor, and his nurse said, and I quote, ‘Well, since you gained a significant amount of weight your first trimester, and the fact that you’re not eating all that chocolate like you did then, I’d say you’re fine. You’re just getting back to a normal weight.’ Rude.

Bottom line is I’m grazing like a freaking high heifer all day, drinking plenty of water, laying off chocolate, and I’m losing. But it’s ok.

This whole thing is just Twilight Zone to me.
But in a freaky good way.

Some new cravings this week are salty things. Hence the Hot & Spicy pickles. Can't get enough of those little lovelies. And milk. Seriously. Pickles and milk. Gotta have it.
Kinda makes me want to vomit a little just typing that, but for some reason, it's just soooo good to me.

Other than that, the energy factor is coming back. It’s so true what they say about the 2nd trimester, and getting your energy back. I didn’t feel like I was all that tired the first trimester (besides the no sleeping at night thing), but I have noticed recently that I can stay up later and get up earlier and I’m not a walking zombie all day. So that’s a bonus!! Especially because we’ve been getting our house ready for the market, which requires cleaning/organizing/and throwing away of a lot of useless shit that has accumulated over the last 6 years.

On a side note, I haven’t begun to look at daycare, figure out the Lamaze class BS, look at the hospital, start planning the nursery, or anything. I’ve done nothing. Nothing at all to prepare ourselves for Little Ida Wik. I think I should be worried. But I’m not. I don’t know why I'm not, but I'm not. I am getting this feeling like I need to get my large pooper in gear, because baby’s going to show up and have to sleep on the dog bed if I don’t get my shit together. And Wyatt won’t like that. Nope, won't like it one bit.

On to the baby!!!
Little one is getting bigger everyday!! Baby is about the size of a navel orange, 4.5 inches long, and weighing 2-3 ounces. And baby is starting to move around in there constantly. I can’t feel anything, but it’s doing little summersaults and everything. Go future Olympian go!!  Baby’s neck is getting longer, helping it’s head stand more erect. Baby is also growing hair on that little noggin’!!! And if it’s anything like me, will probably come out with a full head of jet black hair. Lol. Eyebrows are growing too. (And no offense to my wonderful, loving, handsome husband, but everyone take a moment and pray with me to the Baby Jesus that the baby takes my side of the eyebrow genes. Thank you.)  

4 more weeks until we find out the sex!!!
I can’t wait!!

6 comments:

  1. Ha ha. You'd have thought I'd read this before sending you gloom and doom texts about cravings and baby keeping you up all night moving around and zapping all that new found energy. Freaky!!!
    You will be fine. Babies have been born to way less organised mummies who don't even have a dog bed to use. Try not to panic. Ignore the crazy messages from that weirdo scrabble genius in the UK and enjoy every second of being pregnant. You waited long enough. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still thinking of you, Laura. That little one will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look fab! By 14 weeks I was already joining the Orca family. And I never took a lamase class. Which worked out since I only pushed for like 10 minutes and out she popped. It was pretty damn coo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look gorgeous. Don't worry about losing the weight..your doctor will let you know if its an issue...just means less you have to take off after the baby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What? Wyatt has a dog bed? Haha, what's that?? : )

    You look beautiful darlin. I love these updates and love that Little Wik is the size of an orange now!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all, so leave a comment!