Tuesday, February 22, 2011

I kicked Thin Mint ASS!

Well, I did it. I have a stronger will-power than I thought I did. If you read my earlier post about being frustrated and screwed (BTW, just noticed that I spelled screwed with a 'k' instead of the correct 'c' in that post, I guess that just shows out pissed I was) you'll know that this morning was a little rough.

To recap: haven't exercised, husband gave me a hard time about it, Girl Scout cookies were within reach, blah, blah, blah. 

But what happened after I posted is even better....

Came back from getting my Thin Mints and there was a beautiful glazed donut waiting patiently on my desk.

Awesome. The Devil has come out to play and won't leave until he's scored a million points against me.

BUT! I not only conquered that sugar loaded ass wipe (the donut, not the Devil, well maybe the Devil in the donut, who knows), but then round-house kicked the Thin Mints to the curb too!

Really, I just put the Thin Mints in my car (so they were out of sight), wrapped the donut up and gave it to a friend and proceeded to make the rest of my day a shiny-gold-star-with-fat-free-sprinkles-on-top kind of day. 

It worked for about 5 seconds until another work related catastrophe developed, in which I went back to pulling what was left of my hair out and went screaming naked around my office.  So, now I'm nearly bald, got loaded up in the looney bin, have had no chocolate and no sugar loaded ass wipe. It's 4:30 and I'm officially in need of some serious stress relieving activities.

So I go home and I worked out! And I worked out HARD! I put in my KenpoX DVD (P90X kickboxing), punched some imaginary people and sweated my ass off! Then, if that wasn't enough, I put in the Ab Ripper X DVD(P90X Ab work out) and crunched my little jelly belly to smithereens!

God I feel great! Here's a little pic right after the Ab Ripper X:


Pretty, I know. I just can't help it.
 So anyway, just wanted to share that a poopy day filled with temptations can be overcome. I definitely proved to myself that I can beat emotional eating! I just need to stick to my guns! (And blog about it. lol!)

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE the kempo, i think it is my fav one of all of them. well,that and the core one. You really were whipping booty if you did that AND the ab ripper, that one I believe was developed by the devil, maybe after the doughnut? hope tomorrow brings a better day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome! Great way to overcome at poopy day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - that sounds worse than my 2 hours on the treadmill. Way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ya'll! I wooped ass again this morning with a little Legs & Back (lunges, weight lifting, and chin-ups). I'm convinced that chin-ups were invented by the Devil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go with will power! You're such an inspiration. I found your blog today and decided to become a follower. Looking forward to reading more entries!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all, so leave a comment!