Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Blog Every Day: Day 2 Recap on Ice Cream Post

Day 2: Educate us on something you know alot about or are good at. Take any approach you'd like (serious and educational or funny and sarcastic)

~~~~~~~~~~~OR~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day 2:  Recap on Welcome to Suckhole Post, aka The 'Ice Cream' Post.
(bc #1 I don't feel like educating anyone about how little I know about jack shit, and #2 this is my blog and I want to talk about this.......and I wonder where Baby Girl gets her sass......jeez)


Remember how I took TastyKakes from midget children and then talked about other people not liking ice cream as much as me, which pissed me off, but for those reading the post, only made you want to cruise to your local Blue Bell supplier for a trough of double chocolate chunk on THIS POST? (that was an epic run-on sentence btw)

Well, I have some news for you. Or more like an update.

I got a lot of comments and emails about my sitch, and truly received some great advice. Most of it was like, 'Eh, you can't change the person, so learn to live w/o it.' Or others were like, 'Talk a walk. Get away. De-stress. Then you'll realize it's not so bad after all.' 

And I really connected with what I could live and could NOT live without in my life. And 'ice cream' was something that I think I can give up in order to still be with the person that doesn't love it as much as me. I would much rather spend the rest of my life with that person, and not have any ice cream at all. I think I would truly die without that person. So giving up ice cream seems like small potatoes compared to that.

But, I ended up talking about it with the person. And we really had some interested things to say.....to each other. First, the other person doesn't NOT like ice cream. It's just that they aren't comfortable with having it every night. It's just not a lifestyle they're accustom to.  But, they are willing to make more of an effort to give me the ice cream I need, when they can. 

I'll take it!!!

Also, there's a lot going on right now. So, worrying about me not getting my ice cream fix was not on their priority list. Which, is fine. It's not their problem, it's mine. It kinda made me think that if I love ice cream so much, why aren't I the one to bring it up??? Why do I have to wait for someone else to make a bowl??? Ya know?!

Bottom line is: I talked it out with the person. We agreed to both try harder, but there really isn't a way to 'change' the other person into what we want them to be or like. You just have to accept them. For who they are. Which is probably why you started loving them in the first place.  And if I'm missing some ice cream action, and the other person is preoccupied with life, then I need to get the bowls down and share. Versus waiting for them to acknowledge my need for it.

1 comment:

  1. Did you get Ice Cream from the person before you got preggers? because I think if I am reading this right I have been there! It is definitely something you are going to have to learn to live with less of if you want to stay with the non-ice cream needer! Even after Miss Sassy Pants gets here, you may even get less ice cream :(

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from y'all, so leave a comment!