2. It's been 4 days since my last smokey treat. I'm a cranky, bitchy, short tempered, bad mooded (it's a word) little hussy, but at least I'm smoke free, right? Right.
|Because I have no nicotine to keep me nice.|
Here's a GREAT visual aid to think about real hunger vs. emotional hunger:
It also has a good description of a 'hunger scale'. Like, how hungry are you, really? And when you should be eating and when you should stop eating.
(There's also a great recipe for healthy chocolate ice cream on that blog that I'm sooooo trying!!!)
4. So you'd think after reading all that great stuff on the above blog post, that I'd have a new gumption on my healthy lifestyle. I immediately thought to myself, "You can do this Laura, it's not that hard! Just don't shove your face full of crap foodstuffs and we'll be good! Don't eat when you're not hungry! AND DON'T emotionally eat for shit's sake!!!" I'll go out and conquer the bad eating habits! I'll do away with junk food! Nachos be damned!!! Girl Scout cookies can kiss my ass!!! Woop Woop!!!!
Not so much.
About 2.fatass minutes after I had those thoughts I went to an authentic Mexican food place and ordered 3 chicken tacos and 3 deep-fried taquitos.
Mother. Of. Pearl.
5. Then some
Ahhh, screw that whore, I'm going for the gold.
Just one more.
Then I'm done.
6. Last weekend we decided to head up to Manhattan to watch my KSU Wildcats play Iowa State in B-ball. Always fun. Except they lost. Rude.
But we took Wyatt with us, and I just thought I'd show you what it's like trying to leave when you have a dog that thinks he's going to die a horrible death, or get left behind, if you don't load him up in the truck pronto.
Did you hear him crying and grunting? Isn't he just soooo sad? All that crying.....such a drama puppy.
7. While in Manhattan, we stayed with our besties, John and Lori, and they took us to this new restaurant that makes flat bread pizza's. Holy shitballs people!!! Soooo good. Sososososo good.
This is us sitting at the table. John is hiding behind the beer bottles.
Dude can't take a normal picture to save his life.
Awesome picture of me. Thanks John. And Ryan's GIANT bloody mary.
It's not just a morning drink people.
Lori and I. So cute.
John took this. It illustrates the emptiness of a Bud Light Platinum bottle.
Very modern and abstract, huh?
Your lives have been eternally enlightened by this picture. You're welcome.
ANDDDddddd, THE PIZZA!!!
This was The Greek. Roasted Red peppers, banana peppers, artichokes, tomatoes, mozzarella, garlic, and greek dressing on the side for dipping.
8. Looky looky at my cute outfit today!!
|Thank you to Rebecca for being the wonderful blog Photog today.|
I've been noticing that all the cool people (meaning famous stupid skinny people) pose for pictures with their legs crossed and with one arm kinda over their hip. So, because I always want to be the cool person, I decided to practice with the above shot. I'm diggin' it. It's workin'. What do you think? Likey likey? My hips don't look like the ass end of a city bus, so that's good.
9. Supposedly Snooki is with child.
There are just no words for this atrocity.
10. I noticed the other day while grocery shopping that our local store is pathetic about keeping good organic food in stock. It's horrible. Like I went to go get some leaf lettuce and I swear to you the bunch was no bigger than my hand. Were fairy's going to be eating this? Did some little ants need a snack? Because it sure as shit wouldn't even make up a whole salad. Maybe a side salad. Maybe. In fairy land at least. AND, they were going to charge me a whopping $2.50. Pricey little turd bucket isn't it. For freaking LETTUCE!
Needless to say I put that shit back and decided to try out a new natural food store....that happens to be named Natural Foods....to see what they offered.
Big ol' massive lettuce heads. NFL linebackers could feast on this for weeks I tell ya. And guess what the price was?
Hellz to the yeah.
Natural Foods: 1
Pathetic grocery store: 0
Love the info from the blog about hunger! Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete
I have boots just like that from Kohls! You obviously have great fashion sense :PReplyDelete
Pretty much all food is crazy expensive now. A lot of people can't really afford to eat healthy foods, and that is just sad. The meat and veggie prices have sky rocketed lately.
A) OMG WYATT!!!! I was seriously laughing through the entire video. Then he got himself so worked up he had to take a drink right in the middle. : )ReplyDelete
B) Super cute pic of you and friendy friend!! Love it.
C) Your such a biotch for posting that delicious looking pizza.
D) Your pose looks incredible and I'm going to try it for every future outfit pic I take. You are forgiven for C.
E) I heart you so much! : )
That's a new blog for me...I'm gonna have to check it out.ReplyDelete
Love Wyatt and his "poor pitiful me" routine...he's just too cute!!
And LOVE the picture...you are looking beautimous, my darling!!!
Love the video of Wyatt. Cooper and Derby do the same thing. But because we travel like all the time, I get to see this crying/panic act 5-6 times a week.ReplyDelete
No fair posting the pics of the cookies, now I have to go buy the sad local grocery store equivalent, un cool.ReplyDelete
As for the outfit, some day, when I look less like Shamu I'm going to try that look, it's pretty adorbs.
I'm going to have start texting you when I get up. :) Super cute outfit! Love it!ReplyDelete
Damn, I love that pose! Adopting!ReplyDelete
Also, the package with the books arrived today. Thanks so much! :D
That Snooki shit is SOOOO DUMB! Ugh.ReplyDelete
Oh and I love you. That is all.
Just so you know, when I played the video of your sweet pooch, my lab got up from a dead sleep and looked around, thinking another pup was here to play.ReplyDelete
Killer photograph, honey! Love the outfit and I'm definitely going to have to try to rock that pose someday... Maybe once my thighs are not longer mountainous?
hilarious as always! Love the Anti-diet link/post and will be referring back to it.ReplyDelete
And eah you're right, your hips are so NOT a city bus; not even close enough to be joking about it! :O)
oh oh..and wyatt...so much like my lil guy FB...we have to spell out car, bye bye or feel the wrath of his cryin whinin antzy "let my azz in that car right now" annoyingness!
I, too, am shocked/appalled/grief stricken/exasperated about the Snook being pregnant... it's truly an atrocity!!!!!ReplyDelete
that pizza is food porn from HELL!! LOL
Hi, new follower here! I found the "anti-diet" blog post this week too--definitely a lot of good info there. I look forward to following your blog!ReplyDelete
Look at you and your super cute self!!! Every day is a new day for your health kick and eating healthy IS a lifestyle change. Small steps.ReplyDelete
Doesn't mean you can't have the good stuffs too! People scoff at moderation :O) I can work :O)